Creating Wellness is a canine program that consists of volunteers and their dogs that are trained to work as a team bringing comfort and love to patients in a hospital setting.
Creating Wellness is a canine program in affiliation with various care facilities in Marin and Sonoma Counties. Our volunteers and their dogs are trained to work as a team, bringing comfort and love to patients in various settings.
Our 501 (c)(3) non-profit gladly accepts your donations. Please contact us for donation options. Our Tax ID# is 47-3308237.
The Mission of Creating Wellness is to “Create Wellness” for the patients of Marin General Hospital, Convalescent Hospitals, and various Assisted Retirement Living Facilities, and to help facilitate healing, using all the unconditional love that a dog has to give.
Creating Wellness is a canine program in affiliation with Marin General Hospital, San Rafael Ca. and Various Convalescent Hospitals and Assisted Retirement Living Facilities. It consists of volunteers and their dogs that are trained to work as a team, bringing comfort and love to patients, in a hospital setting, and care facilities.
Creating Wellness Canine Program invites you to become a member of our Social Therapy teams. Our volunteers and their dogs are trained to work as a team at 35 different facilities, bringing comfort and love, in a hospital and other settings of Acute care, Skilled care, Assisted care and Memory care, to the patients who enjoy the company of dogs that are loving and friendly. By participating in our program you have the opportunity to enjoy all of the love and caring that the dogs provide to the patients and to the staff. Dogs that are people friendly along with their owners can contact:
Roz Morris at (707) 838-8887
*Update April, 2022
HI THIS IS ROZ..DUE TO THE VIRUS AND BEING ON LOCK DOWN I AM NOW LOOKING FOR 10 MORE DOGS TO ADD TO MY NON-PROFIT PROGRAM:
1. THE OWNER AND THE DOG MUST BE NON SMOKERS
2. THE DOG MUST BE AT LEAST A YEAR OLD
3. NO AGGRESSIVE DOGS
4. NO BARKERS
5. THE OWNER WILL BE TRAINED WITH THE DOG TO BE A CANINE SOCIAL THERAPY TEAM
6. THE ONLY EXPENSE IS FOR INSURANCE TO COVER THE DOG AND THE OWNER + THE THERAPY VEST FOR YOUR DOG. BECAUSE THIS PROGRAM IS A NON PROFIT YOUR EXPENSES ARE TAX DEDUCTABLE
7. IF YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN MAKING A DIFFERENCE AT A FACILITY WITH YOUR DOG..IT’S ALL ABOUT THE LOVE THAT DOGS SHARE WITH RESIDENTS OR PATIENTS
8. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT ROZ AT 707-838-8887
9. YOU WILL LOVE THIS PROGRAM
10. WISHING YOU LOVE, PEACE AND HAPPINESS
Creating Wellness volunteers deployed to Montgomery High School in Santa Rosa, CA
Teams have been assisting with emotional support following the March 1, 2023 homicide of a student inside a classroom.
Comfort dogs have been deployed to Uvalde, Texas, from near and far